Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up variety of induction machines for INDUCTION-MACHINE OPERATORS to heattreat metal objects according to specifications: Reads work order to determine size and grade of workpiece to be processed.
- 2) Determines frequency of current, time cycle, and induction heating coil to be used for each job, using knowledge of induction machines, heat-treating methods, and properties of metals.
- 3) Positions and fastens induction coil and fixture on machine, using wrenches.
- 4) Adjusts controls to set frequency of current and automatic timer judging from color whether pan is heated to specified temperature.
- 5) Positions and fastens part in fixture and starts machine to heattreat sample part.
- 6) Tests hardness of sample.
- 7) Adjusts frequency of current, automatic timer, and fixture on machine until sample meets specifications.
- 8) May operate induction machine as part of regular duties.
Is being an "INDUCTION-MACHINE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INDUCTION-MACHINE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INDUCTION-MACHINE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INDUCTION-MACHINE SETTER"
Job Number: 5104