Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles documents on incoming cargo shipments to expedite removal of cargo from dock and prepares bill for shipping charges: Examines ship's manifest and bills of lading to determine work procedures for releasing cargo.
- 2) Contacts terminal employees by telephone to determine when cargo will be available for removal from dock.
- 3) Notifies consignee or agent by telephone or letter of arrival dates of shipment, customs clearance requirements, and tonnage of shipment.
- 4) Stamps bill of lading so that cargo can be removed from dock.
- 5) Computes from bills of lading, shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator.
- 6) Prepares bill for charges and submits it to accounting department for collection.
Is being an "INCOMING-FREIGHT CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INCOMING-FREIGHT CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INCOMING-FREIGHT CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INCOMING-FREIGHT CLERK"
Job Number: 5101