"INCINERATOR OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends one or more incinerator furnaces that burn refuse, such as sludge, trash, and garbage: Pulls mechanism to release refuse from hopper into incinerator.
- 2) Moves levers to ignite burners, to adjust blowers and dampers that regulate airflow and temperature, and to control charging, discharging, and quenching mechanisms of furnace.
- 3) Opens furnace door and agitates burning refuse to facilitate combustion, using stoking hoe.
- 4) Moves levers to open grate and drop ashes and noncombustible material from furnace at end of burning cycle.
- 5) Replaces refractory linings of furnace, using firebrick and mortar.
- 6) Cleans debris from furnace room floor, using rake and broom.
- 7) May assist SUPERVISOR, INCINERATOR PLANT in maintenance and repair of cranes, conveyor equipment, and exhaust system, using handtools.
Is being an "INCINERATOR OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INCINERATOR OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INCINERATOR OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INCINERATOR OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 5097