Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs immunohematology tests, recommends blood problem solutions to doctors, and serves as consultant to blood bank and community: Visually inspects blood in specimen tubes for hemolysis.
- 2) Centrifuges blood specimen to separate red cells from serum and tests separated serum to detect presence of antibodies.
- 3) Interprets reactions observed to devise experiments and suggest techniques that will resolve patient's blood problems.
- 4) Combines known and unknown cells with serum in test tubes and selects reagents, such as albumin, protolytic enzymes, and anti-human globutin, for individual tests to enhance and make visible reactions of agglutination and hemolysis.
- 5) Processes various combinations in centrifuge and examines resulting samples under microscope to identify evidence of agglutination or hemolysis.
- 6) Repeats and varies tests until normal suspension of reagents, serum, and red cells is attained.
- 7) Interprets results obtained and identifies specific antibodies.
- 8) Writes blood specifications to meet patient's need, on basis of test results, and applies knowledge of blood classification system to locate donor's blood.
- 9) Performs immunohematology tests on donor's blood to confirm matching blood types.
- 10) Requisitions and sends blood to supply patient's need, and prepares written report to inform physician of test results and of required volume of blood to administer.
- 11) Evaluates completeness of immunohematology tests.
- 12) May advise MEDICAL TECHNOLOGISTS in techniques of microscopic identification of precipitation, agglutination, or hemolysis in blood that leads to resolution of problems.
Is being an "IMMUNOHEMATOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "IMMUNOHEMATOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "IMMUNOHEMATOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "IMMUNOHEMATOLOGIST"
Job Number: 5086