Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Collects, analyzes, classifies and photographs physical evidence and fingerprints to identify criminals: Searches for evidence and dusts surfaces to reveal latent fingerprints.
- 2) Photographs crime site and fingerprints to obtain record of evidence.
- 3) Lifts print on tape and transfers to permanent record cards.
- 4) Vacuums site to collect physical evidence and submits to SUPERVISOR, IDENTIFICATION AND COMMUNICATIONS for verifications.
- 5) Photographs, fingerprints, and measures height and weight of arrested suspects, noting physical characteristics, and posts data on record for filing.
- 6) Prepares and photographs plastic moulage of footprints and tire tracks.
- 7) Compares fingerprints obtained with suspect or unknown files to identify perpetrator.
- 8) Manipulates mask mirror on specialized equipment to prepare montage of suspect according to description from witnesses.
- 9) May fingerprint applicant for employment or federal clearance and forward prints to other law enforcement agencies.
- 10) May testify in court as qualified fingerprint expert.
Is being an "IDENTIFICATION OFFICER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "IDENTIFICATION OFFICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "IDENTIFICATION OFFICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "IDENTIFICATION OFFICER"
Job Number: 5078