Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes hydrographic data to determine trends in movement and utilization of water: Reads meters and gauges to measure waterflow and pressure in streams, conduits, and pipelines, and records data.
- 2) Measures water level in lakes, reservoirs, and tanks.
- 3) Calculates seepage and evaporation rates for dams and reservoirs.
- 4) Measures depth of water in wells and test holes to determine ground water level.
- 5) Measures snow characteristics to evaluate water yield from snow runoff.
- 6) Prepares graphs and charts to illustrate water patterns.
- 7) Positions sluice gates to direct water onto spreading grounds.
- 8) Installs, calibrates, and maintains metering instruments.
- 9) Recommends locations for metering stations and instrument placement.
Is being a "HYDROGRAPHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HYDROGRAPHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HYDROGRAPHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HYDROGRAPHER"
Job Number: 5060