Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to process base oils used in manufacture of margarine and shortening: Starts pumps to move premeasured batches of refined oils or fats into converter vessel.
- 2) Turns valves to adjust rate of flow of hydrogen, steam, air, and water into converter, and weighs and adds specified amounts of catalytic agents and other chemicals to harden batch of oils or fats, as required.
- 3) Tests samples of batch to ensure that hardness of product is in accordance with specifications, using refractometer.
- 4) Pumps hardened oils through filter press to remove catalyst and attaches lines to transfer filtered oil to blending vessel.
- 5) Starts pump to add specified amounts of blending oils to blending vessel and turns valves to heat and blend oils for required amount of time.
- 6) Observes temperature and pressure gauges, and turns valves to make adjustment when necessary.
- 7) Pumps finished oils through filter press to holding tank.
- 8) May be designated according to equipment controlled as Blender; Hardener.
Is being a "HYDROGENATION OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HYDROGENATION OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HYDROGENATION OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HYDROGENATION OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5059