Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains and repairs hydraulic systems of machinery and equipment, such as robots, applying knowledge of hydraulics and mechanics and using handtools: Observes and listens to operating machinery to detect malfunctions.
- 2) Visually inspects hydraulic lines and components to detect leaks, damage, and wear.
- 3) Reads pressure gauges to detect abnormal oil pressure and smells to detect overheated oil.
- 4) Depresses buttons and switches to turn off machinery.
- 5) Turns valve to release pressure from hydraulic system and disconnects hydraulic supply and return lines, using handtools.
- 6) Removes and replaces defective accumulator, using handtools.
- 7) Connects charging assembly to accumulator and fills accumulator bladder with nitrogen gas to recharge accumulator, following manufacturer's specifications.
- 8) Replaces worn or damaged hydraulic components, such as oil lines, fittings, cylinders, servo-valves, pressure release valves, gaskets, and seals, using handtools.
- 9) Disassembles hydraulic system and removes and replaces defective actuator, pump bearings, and pump motor, using handtools and hoist.
- 10) Observes operation of machinery and equipment to verify repair.
- 11) Performs routine maintenance, such as changing filters, following schedule, using handtools.
- 12) May observe readout on display screen of robot controller to determine nature of system malfunction.
- 13) May disassemble defective hydraulic components, such as pumps and accumulator, at workbench and rebuilds or repairs components.
- 14) May install hydraulic oil lines on new machinery and equipment.
Is being a "HYDRAULIC REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HYDRAULIC REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HYDRAULIC REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HYDRAULIC REPAIRER"
Job Number: 5040