Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends hydraulic press that bands together layers of veneer sheets and core stock to form plywood or veneered products, such as tabletops and doors: Places clamp rails and backing board in press.
- 2) Loads stack of assembled layers from conveyor or handtruck into press by hand or by use of hoist.
- 3) Places backing board and clamp rails on top of stack.
- 4) Turns handwheels to set pressure specified for material and starts press.
- 5) Attaches retainer rods to top and bottom clamp rails and tightens turnbuckles on rods to maintain pressure on stack after removal from press.
- 6) Releases press and removes clamped stack from press bed for drying.
Is being a "HYDRAULIC-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HYDRAULIC-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HYDRAULIC-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HYDRAULIC-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5048