Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs and directs construction of power and other hydraulic engineering projects for control and use of water: Computes and estimates rates of waterflow.
- 2) Specifies type and size of equipment, such as conduits, pumps, turbines, pressure valves, and surge tanks, used in transporting water and converting water power into electricity.
- 3) Directs, through subordinate supervisors, activities of workers engaged in dredging, digging cutoffs, placing jetties, and constructing levees to stabilize streams or open water ways.
- 4) Designs and coordinates construction of artificial canals, conduits, and mains to transport and distribute water; and plans reservoirs, pressure valves, and booster stations to obtain proper water pressure at all levels.
- 5) Frequently builds laboratory models to study construction and flow problems.
Is being a "HYDRAULIC ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HYDRAULIC ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HYDRAULIC ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HYDRAULIC ENGINEER"
Job Number: 5037