Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends hydraulic press that shapes hats, hatbrims, or crowns: Selects shaping die, according to specifications, and positions die in recess of machine bed.
- 2) Positions saddle in die to protect hat during pressing.
- 3) Pours water into tank of machine and turns valve to regulate level of water in rubber pressing bag, attached to machine ram, according to size of hat to be shaped.
- 4) Inserts hat, crown down, into die.
- 5) Moves lever to lower ram and water-filled bag against brim or into crown to press hat, brim, or crown.
- 6) May be designated according to hat material as Straw-Hat-Hydraulic-Press Operator; according to hat part shaped as Brim Presser II; Crown Presser; or according to processing stage as Blocking-Machine Operator, Second; Hydraulic Press Operator, First Pressing.
- 7) When tending machine that shapes hatbrims between flange and water-filled bag, is known as Hydraulic-Brim-Flanging-Machine Operator.
- 8) May be designated: Band-Plating-Machine Operator; Panama-Hat-Hydraulic-Press Operator; Wool-Hat Hydraulicker; Woven-Paper-Hat-Hydraulic-Press Operator Finisher.
Is being a "HYDRAULIC BLOCKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HYDRAULIC BLOCKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HYDRAULIC BLOCKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HYDRAULIC BLOCKER"
Job Number: 5036