Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and tests new gas-pipe installations in buildings to determine conformance to company and city requirements: Screws coupling into gasline to facilitate attachment of handpump testing set.
- 2) Pumps air and reads gauge to determine specified amount of air pumped into gasline.
- 3) Patches gauge to detect fall in pressure indicating leaks in gasline.
- 4) Observes pressure gauge while joints are being tightened by coworkers to determine when leak has been detected and repaired.
- 5) Tests joints with soap and water and observes bubble formation to detect leaks.
- 6) Examines flue openings of gas-heating appliances to determine conformance to specifications.
- 7) Notifies customer of needed repairs.
- 8) Prepares inspection report.
- 9) May inspect installations, such as gas mains, services, meters, and regulators and be designated Utility Inspector.
- 10) May test for presence of subsurface gas to detect leaks in underground gaspipes.
Is being a "HOUSE-PIPING INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOUSE-PIPING INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOUSE-PIPING INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOUSE-PIPING INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 5027