Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties for guests of hotel or motel: Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- 2) Issues room key and escort instructions to BELLHOP.
- 3) Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- 4) Transmits and receives messages, using telephone or telephone switchboard.
- 5) Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- 6) Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computer.
- 7) Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- 8) May make restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arrange for tours.
- 9) May deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box.
- 10) May order complimentary flowers or champagne for guests.
- 11) May rent dock space at marina-hotel.
- 12) May work on one floor and be designated Floor Clerk.
- 13) May be known as Key Clerk; Reservation Clerk; Room Clerk or according to specific area in which employed as Front Desk Clerk.
Is being a "HOTEL CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOTEL CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOTEL CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOTEL CLERK"
Job Number: 5005