Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates remote-controlled equipment in hot cell to conduct metallurgical and chemical tests on radioactive materials: Controls slave manipulators from outside cell to remove metal or chemical materials from shielded containers inside hot cell and places on bench or equipment work station.
- 2) Tests chemical or metallurgical properties of materials according to standardized procedures, and observes reaction through cell window.
- 3) Sets up and operates machines to cut, lap, and polish test pieces, following blueprints, x-ray negatives, and sketches.
- 4) Tests physical properties, using equipment, such as tensile tester, hardness tester, metallographic unit, micrometer, and gauges.
- 5) Immerses test sample in chemical compound to prepare for testing.
- 6) Places irradiated nuclear fuel materials in environmental chamber to test reaction to temperature changes.
- 7) Records results of tests for further analysis by engineers, scientists, or customers.
- 8) Places specimen in shielded container for removal from cell, using manipulators.
- 9) Participates in cleaning and decontamination of cell during maintenance shutdown.
- 10) May devise adapters and fixtures for use in hot cell operations.
Is being a "HOT-CELL TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOT-CELL TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOT-CELL TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOT-CELL TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 5003