Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer: Interviews patient or representative to obtain and record name, address, age, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending physician, and individual or insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
- 2) Explains hospital regulations, such as visiting hours, payment of accounts, and schedule of charges.
- 3) Escorts patient or arranges for escort to assigned room or ward.
- 4) Enters patient admitting information into computer and routes printed copy to designated department.
- 5) Obtains signed statement from patient to protect hospital's interests.
- 6) May assign patient to room or ward.
- 7) May compile data for occupancy and census records.
- 8) May store patient's valuables.
- 9) May receive payments on account.
Is being a "HOSPITAL-ADMITTING CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOSPITAL-ADMITTING CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOSPITAL-ADMITTING CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOSPITAL-ADMITTING CLERK"
Job Number: 3182