"HOSE INSPECTOR AND PATCHER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and repairs rubber hose, using handtools, vulcanizing equipment, and hydrostatic test equipment: Examines hose and couplings for defects, such as cracks, checks, and faulty seal around couplings.
- 2) Tests hose, using hydrostatic test equipment, to detect leaks and weaknesses in hose walls.
- 3) Cuts out defective area, using knife or saw, or strips rubber coating from fabric backing.
- 4) Applies cement and cuts and cements patch to fabric backing or cements ends together after removal of defective section.
- 5) Inserts repaired section in bench-molding machine and turns steam valve to vulcanize patch at specified temperature.
- 6) Replaces couplings, steel bands, and gaskets, using pliers or crimping machine.
- 7) Records vulcanizing time, nature of defects discovered, and repairs completed on quality control report.
- 8) May repair hose returned by customers, according to nature of complaint specified on work ticket.
Is being a "HOSE INSPECTOR AND PATCHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOSE INSPECTOR AND PATCHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOSE INSPECTOR AND PATCHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOSE INSPECTOR AND PATCHER"
Job Number: 4985