"HORTICULTURAL WORKER II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties concerned with preparing soil and growth media, cultivating, and otherwise participating in horticultural activities under close supervision on acreage, in nursery, or in environmentally controlled structure, such as greenhouse and shed: Hauls and spreads topsoil, fertilizer, peat moss, and other materials to condition land.
- 2) Digs, rakes, and screens soil, and fills cold frames and hot beds to prepare them for planting.
- 3) Fills growing tanks with water.
- 4) Plants, sprays, weeds, and waters plants, shrubs, and trees.
- 5) Sows grass seed and plants plugs of sod and cuts, rolls, and stacks sod.
- 6) Prepares scion and ties buds to assist worker budding roses.
- 7) Traps and poisons pests, such as moles, gophers, and mice.
- 8) Plants shrubs and plants in containers.
- 9) Ties, bunches, wraps, and packs flowers, plants, shrubs, and trees to fill orders.
- 10) Moves containerized shrubs and trees, using wheelbarrow.
- 11) Digs up shrubs and trees, and wraps their roots with burlap.
- 12) May dip rose cuttings into vat to disinfect cuttings prior to storage.
- 13) May fold and staple corrugated forms to make boxes used for packing horticultural products.
- 14) May be designated according to employing establishment as Grass-Farm Laborer; Greenhouse Laborer; Nursery Laborer; Rose-Farm Laborer; or according to horticultural specialty as Bean-Sprout Laborer; Mushroom Laborer.
Is being a "HORTICULTURAL WORKER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HORTICULTURAL WORKER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HORTICULTURAL WORKER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HORTICULTURAL WORKER II"
Job Number: 4979