Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Selects aluminum and steel shoes and fits, shapes, and nails shoes to animals' hooves: Removes worn or defective shoe from hoof, using nail snippers and pincers.
- 2) Examines hoof to detect bruises and cracks and to determine trimming required.
- 3) Trims and shapes hoof, using knife and snippers.
- 4) Measures hoof, using calipers and steel tape.
- 5) Selects aluminum or steel shoe from stock, according to hoof measurements and animal usage.
- 6) Places leather pad, sponge, or oakum-pine tar mixture on bruised or cracked hoof for protection.
- 7) Shapes shoe to fit hoof, using swage, forge, and hammer.
- 8) Nails shoe to hoof and files hoof flush with shoe.
- 9) May forge steel bar into shoe.
- 10) May drive shop truck to work site.
Is being a "HORSESHOER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HORSESHOER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HORSESHOER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HORSESHOER"
Job Number: 4976