Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates boring machine to drill horizontal holes through earth banks for installation of pipelines under highways, railroads, canals, and other obstructions: Assembles and positions machine, augers, and casing pipes.
- 2) Signals operator of crane to lower boring equipment into previously dug starter hole.
- 3) Verifies depth and level of boring position, using surveyor's level and spirit level.
- 4) Starts engine and moves levers to rotate and feed auger into earth, and simultaneously activates hydraulic ram that forces casing into hole.
- 5) Retracts auger and forces earth cuttings back through casing to permit coupling additional sections of casing and auger.
- 6) May operate machine which flushes and pumps earth cuttings from hole.
- 7) May operate boring machine that drives pilot hole through earth bank and pulls auger bit back through bank to cut hole of required diameter.
Is being a "HORIZONTAL-EARTH-BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HORIZONTAL-EARTH-BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HORIZONTAL-EARTH-BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HORIZONTAL-EARTH-BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4970