Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and assembles sheet metal hoods used to protect awnings, using handtools and portable power tools: Selects specified steel sheet from stock.
- 2) Lays out and marks hood parts on steel sheet, indicating lines for bending, cutting, and drilling according to drawings, sketches, or verbal instructions, using scale, rule, scribe, and punch.
- 3) Cuts metal pieces to size, using hand or bench shears.
- 4) Bends metal into specified shapes, using manually operated brake machine or hammers metal to shape, using wooden mallet.
- 5) Drills holes into metal, using electric hand drill, or punches holes, using hammer and punch.
- 6) Hammers edges of metal parts to form seams, using mallet.
- 7) Screws, bolts, or rivets hood together and attaches supports, using handtools.
- 8) May install hood on building.
- 9) May fabricate awning frames.
Is being a "HOOD MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOOD MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOOD MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOOD MAKER"
Job Number: 4952