"HONING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more vertical or horizontal honing machines to hone internal or external surfaces of objects, such as cylinders, bearings, and connecting rods to specifications, following tooling instructions, standard charts, and honing procedures: Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be honed, speeds, feed rates, work-holding fixtures, and honing tools to be used.
- 2) Positions and secures fixtures on machine table, using squares, steel rules, micrometers, and wrenches.
- 3) Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist and positions and secures fixture with clamps and wrenches.
- 4) Inserts and tightens specified tool in spindle.
- 5) Moves controls to set tool-feed rate and spindle speed.
- 6) Sets stops with wrench to control length of stroke and depth of cut.
- 7) Starts machine and turns handwheels or engages automatic mechanism to feed and oscillate tool along workpiece surface.
- 8) Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant against tool and workpiece.
- 9) Measures honed workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as preset gauges, micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- 10) May be required to have experience with custom or production work, or with particular material or product, or with machine of particular size, type, or trade name, and be designated accordingly.
Is being a "HONING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HONING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HONING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HONING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4950