"HONING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates honing machines to hone internal or external surfaces of metal parts, such as cylinders, bearings, and connecting rods to specifications, usually on production basis: Obtains such information as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts in run from job order and instructions of MACHINE-SHOP SUPERVISOR, PRODUCTION or JOB SETTER, HONING.
- 2) Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist and secures it in fixture.
- 3) Starts machine and turns handwheels or engages automatic mechanism to feed tool to workpiece.
- 4) Moves controls to adjust feed rate, spindle speed, length of stroke, and depth of cut.
- 5) Measures finished workpiece with instruments, such as calipers, fixed gauges, and micrometers.
- 6) Changes worn tools, using wrenches.
- 8) May assist JOB SETTER, HONING to set up machine.
- 9) May be required to have experience with particular material, or product, with machine of particular size, type, or trade name, and be designated accordingly.
Is being a "HONING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HONING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HONING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HONING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Job Number: 4949