Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Organizes and conducts consumer education service or research program for equipment, food, textile, or utility company, utilizing principles of home economics: Advises homemakers in selection and utilization of household equipment, food, and clothing, and interprets homemakers' needs to manufacturers of household products.
- 2) Writes advertising copy and articles of interest to homemakers, tests recipes, equipment, and new household products, conducts radio and television homemakers' programs, and performs other public relations and promotion work for business firms, newspapers, magazines, and radio and television stations.
- 3) Advises individuals and families on home management practices, such as budget planning, meal preparation, and energy conservation.
- 4) Teaches improved homemaking practices to homemakers and youths through educational programs, demonstrations, discussions, and home visits.
- 5) May engage in research in government, private industry, and colleges and universities to explore family relations or child development, develop new products for home, discover facts on food nutrition, and test serviceability of new materials.
- 6) May specialize in specific area of home economics and be designated Equipment Specialist; Fashion Consultant; Home Economist, Consumer Service; Nutritionist; Product Representative; Research-Home Economist; Test-Kitchen-Home Economist.
Is being a "HOME ECONOMIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOME ECONOMIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOME ECONOMIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOME ECONOMIST"
Job Number: 4942