"HOLTER SCANNING TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes data from cardiac-function monitoring device worn by patient for use in diagnosis of cardiovascular disorders: Places magnetic tape or cassette from Holter monitor worn by patient in scanner and starts scanner that produces audio and visual representation of heart activity.
- 2) Adjusts scanner controls that regulate taped sounds associated with heart activity and focus video representation of sounds on scanner screen.
- 3) Observes scanner screen to identify irregularities in patient cardiac patterns, utilizing knowledge of regular and irregular cardiac-function patterns, or verifies data provided by computer program that automatically scans, analyzes, identifies, and prints irregular heart patterns.
- 4) Prints sections of abnormal heart patterns or full disclosure tape for physician.
- 5) Analyzes information in patient diary to identify incidents that correspond to heart pattern irregularities detected on heart monitor.
- 6) Records findings on report form and forwards tapes, form, patient diary, and printouts of heart patterns to interpreting physician.
- 7) May attach electrodes to patient's chest and connect electrodes to heart monitor, following standard procedure.
- 8) May measure distances between peaks and valleys of heart activity patterns, using calipers, to obtain data for further analysis.
- 9) May perform other diagnostic procedures, such as electrocardiography and stress testing, to aid in medical evaluation of patient.
Is being a "HOLTER SCANNING TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOLTER SCANNING TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOLTER SCANNING TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOLTER SCANNING TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 4940