Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates compressed air, diesel, electric, gasoline, or steam drum hoists to control movement of cableways, cages, derricks, draglines, loaders, railcars, or skips to move workers and materials for construction, logging, mining, sawmill, and other industrial operations: Starts hoist engine and moves hand and foot levers to wind or unwind cable on drum.
- 2) Moves brake lever and throttle to stop, start, and regulate speed of drum in response to hand, bell, telephone, loud-speaker, or whistle signals or by observing dial indicator or marks on cable.
- 3) May fire boiler on steam hoist.
- 4) May operate hoist with more than one drum.
- 5) May repair, maintain, and adjust equipment.
- 6) May be designated according to equipment controlled as Cableway Operator; Cage Operator; Gin-Pole Operator; Inclined-Railway Operator; Skip-Hoist Operator.
- 7) May transfer logs from trucks to railroad cars and be designated Transfer Engineer.
Is being a "HOISTING ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOISTING ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOISTING ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOISTING ENGINEER"
Job Number: 4937