Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates hydraulic press that forces hard steel hob into soft steel block to form molding die: Receives premarked soft steel block and specified hob from set-up worker.
- 2) Places block in retainer ring of press and positions hob on block.
- 3) Places plug block over hob to hold hob in alignment.
- 4) Turns handwheel to raise ram which holds block and hob in place.
- 5) Starts pumps to build up prescribed hydraulic pressure.
- 6) Pulls lever to exert pressure on ram which embeds hob in soft block to specified depth, forming impression die.
- 7) Removes block manually and clamps it in vise.
- 8) Taps block with hammer to loosen hob and removes it from block.
- 9) Inspects die for defects, such as rips or flaws, using magnifying glasses.
Is being a "HOBBING-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOBBING-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOBBING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOBBING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4924