Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares histologic slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by PATHOLOGIST : Prepares sections of human or animal tissue for immediate examination, using rapid tissue processing and frozen section technique to freeze, cut, mount and stain tissue specimen received from surgery.
- 2) Operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study by PATHOLOGIST.
- 3) Prepares slides of specimens, using specified stain, to enhance visibility under microscope.
- 4) Examines slides under microscope to ensure tissue preparation meets laboratory requirements.
- 5) May study slides under microscope to detect deviations from norm and report abnormalities for further study.
- 6) May supervise activities of laboratory personnel and be known as Supervisor, Histology.
Is being a "HISTOTECHNOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HISTOTECHNOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HISTOTECHNOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HISTOTECHNOLOGIST"
Job Number: 2531