Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies human or animal tissue to provide data to delineate cause and progress of disease that impairs body function: Trains and oversees laboratory personnel in preparing tissue sections or prepares tissue sections from surgical and diagnostic cases and autopsies.
- 2) Examines tissue under microscope to detect characteristics of cell structure indicative of disease and writes diagnostic reports.
- 3) Devises and directs use of special stains and methods for isolating, identifying, and studying function, morphology, and pathology of obscure or difficult-to-identify cells, tissues, and connecting fibers.
- 4) May conduct autopsies to select tissue specimens for study.
- 5) May engage in research to develop techniques for diagnosing and identifying pathological conditions.
- 6) May study anatomy of body tissues, formation of organs, and related problems to obtain data on body functions.
Is being a "HISTOPATHOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HISTOPATHOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HISTOPATHOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HISTOPATHOLOGIST"
Job Number: 4918