Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains highways, municipal and rural roads, and rights-of-way in safe condition, performing combination of following duties: Erects and repairs guardrails, highway markers, and snow fences, using handtools and nails, and power tools.
- 2) Dumps, spreads, and tamps asphalt, using pneumatic tamper to patch broken or eroded pavement.
- 3) Drives truck to transport crew and equipment to work site.
- 4) May drive snow-removal equipment, consisting of truck or tractor equipped with adjustable snowplow and blower unit, and be designated Snow-Plow Operator, Truck; Snow-Plow Tractor Operator.
- 5) May drive tractor with mower attachment to cut grass around airfield runways.
Is being a "HIGHWAY-MAINTENANCE WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HIGHWAY-MAINTENANCE WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HIGHWAY-MAINTENANCE WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HIGHWAY-MAINTENANCE WORKER"
Job Number: 4917