Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Administers statewide highway planning, design, construction, and maintenance programs: Coordinates activities of state highway engineering agencies.
- 2) Reviews highway and bridge plans, location, contracts, and cost estimates for technical and legal accuracy, and approves acceptable proposals or makes corrective recommendations.
- 3) Directs workers in research activities related to highway planning and engineering, and formulates highway engineering policies and procedures.
- 4) Directs preparation of state agency budgets.
- 5) Directs workers in preparation of reports to state and federal government officials and represents state highway commissioner at hearings with public officials, contractors, and engineering personnel.
- 6) Speaks before civic groups and public gatherings to disseminate highway planning information and to solicit public support.
Is being a "HIGHWAY-ADMINISTRATIVE ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HIGHWAY-ADMINISTRATIVE ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HIGHWAY-ADMINISTRATIVE ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HIGHWAY-ADMINISTRATIVE ENGINEER"
Job Number: 4915