Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Salts and trims hides to prepare hides for storage or shipment, performing any combination of following tasks: Spreads hides, flesh side up, in layers on pile.
- 2) Shovels and spreads salt over each layer of hides to preserve hides.
- 3) Drags cured hides from pile and strikes hide against table to remove caked salt or sweeps salt from hides, using broom.
- 4) Trims ears, ragged edges, snout skin, tail, and excess flesh from hide, using knife.
- 5) Folds hides, flesh side inward, and ties cord around bundle.
- 6) May scan hides for defects, such as holes and brandmarks.
- 7) May be designated according to duty performed as Hide Salter; Hide Shaker; Hide Spreader.
Is being a "HIDE HANDLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HIDE HANDLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HIDE HANDLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HIDE HANDLER"
Job Number: 4905