Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewing machine equipped with folding attachment to hem articles, such as curtains and draperies, gloves and mittens, sheets, towels, and pillowcases: Guides edge of material through folding attachment and under machine needle.
- 2) Inserts and sews labels into hem.
- 3) May reinforce hem by backstitching at ends of seam.
- 4) May fold hem manually.
- 5) When operating machine to hem curtains and draperies to form rod inserts, is designated Header.
- 6) May be designated according to article or part hemmed as Pillowcase Sewer; Sheet Sewer; Towel Sewer; Window-Shade-Cloth Sewer; Wrist Hemmer.
- 7) Performs duties as described under SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR, REGULAR EQUIPMENT Master Title.
Is being a "HEMMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEMMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEMMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEMMER"
Job Number: 4896