Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, services, and repairs environmental control systems in residences, department stores, office buildings, and commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout: Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using handtools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
- 2) Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- 3) Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- 4) Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems, and adds freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- 5) Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to ensure efficient operation.
- 6) Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution.
- 7) Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
- 8) Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's handtools and test equipment.
- 9) May install, repair, and service air-conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and factory buildings and be designated Air-Conditioning Mechanic, Industrial.
Is being a "HEATING-AND-AIR-CONDITIONING INSTALLER-SERVICER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEATING-AND-AIR-CONDITIONING INSTALLER-SERVICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEATING-AND-AIR-CONDITIONING INSTALLER-SERVICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEATING-AND-AIR-CONDITIONING INSTALLER-SERVICER"
Job Number: 4857