Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates gas furnace that heats metal gun parts to rustproof and impart decorative nonreflecting blue finish: Sprays parts with steam to remove grease, grit, and dirt.
- 2) Places parts in barrel of gas furnace and covers parts with mixture of bone chips and whale or pine tar oil.
- 3) Closes furnace door and moves lever to rotate barrel.
- 4) Turns gas valves and observes pyrometer to regulate temperature of furnace.
- 5) Opens door after furnace cools, and pulls lever to tilt barrel and dump contents into sieve.
- 6) Sifts parts from bone mixture and quenches parts in oil.
- 7) Blows oil and chips from blued parts, using airhose.
- 8) Examines parts to ensure shade and color conform to specifications, utilizing knowledge of heat-treating methods and metal properties.
Is being a "HEAT-TREATING BLUER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEAT-TREATING BLUER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEAT-TREATING BLUER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEAT-TREATING BLUER"
Job Number: 4867