"HEAT TREATER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls heat-treating furnaces, baths and quenching equipment to alter physical and chemical properties of metal objects, using specifications and methods of controlled heating and cooling, such as hardening, tempering, annealing, case-hardening, and normalizing: Determines temperature and time of heating cycle, and type and temperature of baths and quenching medium to attain specified hardness, toughness, and ductility of parts, using standard heat-treating charts, and utilizing knowledge of heat-treating methods, equipment, and properties of metals.
- 2) Adjusts furnace controls and observes pyrometer to bring furnace to prescribed temperature.
- 3) Loads parts into furnace.
- 4) Removes parts after prescribed time and quenches parts in water, oil, brine, or other bath, or allows parts to cool in air.
- 5) May test hardness of parts.
- 6) May align warped fuel elements, containing radioactive uranium, using hydraulic ram straightener.
Is being a "HEAT TREATER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEAT TREATER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEAT TREATER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEAT TREATER I"
Job Number: 4848