Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans requirements for fabricating, installing, testing, and servicing climate control and heat transfer assemblies and systems to assist engineering personnel, utilizing knowledge of heat transfer technology and engineering methods: Calculates required capacities for equipment units of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submits data to engineering personnel for approval.
- 2) Studies supplier catalogs and technical data to recommend equipment unit selections for system.
- 3) Prepares unit design layouts and detail drawings for fabricating parts and assembling system.
- 4) Estimates cost factors, such as labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts, and costs for assembling, testing and installing in customer's premises.
- 5) Fabricates nonstandard parts for system, using metalworking machinery and assembles system, using handtools and power tools.
- 6) Installs test fixtures, apparatus, and controls and conducts operational tests under specified conditions.
- 7) Analyzes test data and prepares report for evaluation by engineering personnel.
- 8) Installs system in customer premises and tests operational performance for compliance with contract specifications and applicable codes.
- 9) Diagnoses special service problems of systems under service contract and writes instructions for service or repair personnel.
- 10) May be designated according to specialty as Air-Conditioning Technician; Heating Technician; Refrigerating Technician.
Is being a "HEAT-TRANSFER TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEAT-TRANSFER TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEAT-TRANSFER TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEAT-TRANSFER TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 4862