Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Reviews previously adjudicated social welfare tax or eligibility issues, as member of appeals board, utilizing knowledge of regulations, policy, and precedent decisions: Researches laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for appeal hearings.
- 2) Schedules hearing, issues subpoenas, counsels parties, and administers oaths to prepare for formal hearing.
- 3) Conducts hearing to obtain information and evidence relative to disposition of appeal.
- 4) Questions witnesses and rules on exceptions, motions, and admissibility of evidence.
- 5) Analyzes evidence and applicable law, regulations, policy, and precedent decisions to determine appropriate and permissible conclusions.
- 6) Prepares written decision.
- 7) May hear disability insurance appeals and be designated Disability-Insurance-Hearing Officer.
- 8) May hear unemployment insurance appeals and be designated Unemployment-Insurance-Hearing Officer.
Is being a "HEARING OFFICER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEARING OFFICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEARING OFFICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEARING OFFICER"
Job Number: 2735