"HEALTH OFFICER, FIELD"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates reported cases of communicable diseases and advises exposed persons to obtain medical treatment and to prevent further spread of disease: Locates and interviews exposed person, using information obtained from records of state or local public health departments and from individual already under treatment for communicable disease.
- 2) Advises person to obtain treatment from private physician or public health clinic.
- 3) May take blood sample to assist in identifying presence of disease in suspected victim.
- 4) Questions exposed person to obtain information concerning other persons who may have received exposure.
- 5) Conducts follow-up interviews with patients and suspected carriers.
- 6) Writes report of activities and findings.
- 7) Visits physicians, laboratories, and community health facilities to stimulate reporting of cases and to provide information about government-sponsored health programs concerning immunization efforts, VD control, mosquito abatement, and rodent control.
Is being a "HEALTH OFFICER, FIELD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEALTH OFFICER, FIELD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEALTH OFFICER, FIELD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEALTH OFFICER, FIELD"
Job Number: 4839