Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of STEVEDORE II engaged in loading and unloading ships' cargoes: Assigns duties to workers, and explains methods of handling, stowing, securing cargo, and setting up hoisting equipment.
- 2) Determines what cargo requires special handling and how it is to be stowed in ship's hold.
- 3) Signals WINCH DRIVER to raise or lower cargo.
- 4) May estimate dunnage required to brace and arrange cargo in ship's hold to prevent cargo damage.
- 5) May maintain inventory of dunnage.
- 6) May be designated according to work area as Header, Dock; Header, Ship; or kind of cargo stowed as Cotton Header.
Is being a "HEADER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEADER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEADER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEADER"
Job Number: 4830