Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates head saw and feed carriage to saw logs into cants or boards: Starts mechanical loader arms that place log on carriage.
- 2) Sets dogs and adjusts carriage blocks to align log for sawing.
- 3) Activates carriage that moves log against saw blade.
- 4) Starts saw to cut log.
- 5) Observes exposed face of log after first cut to determine grade and size of next cut and adjusts setting of carriage blocks.
- 6) Starts mechanical log turner that turns log over on carriage for subsequent cuts.
- 7) May change saw blades.
- 8) May be designated according to type of saw operated as Band-Head-Saw Operator; Circular-Head-Saw Operator.
Is being a "HEAD SAWYER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEAD SAWYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEAD SAWYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEAD SAWYER"
Job Number: 4824