Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines finished heading and barrelheads for defects to verify conformance to specifications: Measures finished heading and barrelheads, using tape measure and circular gauge, and inspects them for defects, such as knots, wormholes, and defective jointing, to determine and grade quality of work.
- 2) Applies chemical to jointed edges of heading to determine sap line in heading, using cloth applicator.
- 3) Sets aside defective heads for repair.
- 4) Records results of examination and amount of wood used in heading, and submits quality control report to supervisor.
- 5) May inspect and mark centers of heading blanks prior to sawing and be designated Head-Inspector-And-Center Marker.
Is being a "HEAD INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEAD INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEAD INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEAD INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 4822