Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to glue headbands, paper lining, and superlining to backs of book bodies prior to binding, according to specifications: Reviews work order to determine setup specifications.
- 2) Sets feed guide and holding clamps to book size.
- 3) Installs rolls of cloth, paper lining, and headbands.
- 4) Sets feeds to cut linings and headbands to book size.
- 5) Fills glue reservoir and tightens nuts to secure glue rollers, using wrench.
- 6) Starts machine and runs sample book through machine.
- 7) Inspects sample to determine if headband and lining are securely attached.
- 8) Resets feeds, guides, and holding clamps of machine as necessary.
- 9) Feeds books singly, back down, into machine.
- 10) Removes books from machine delivery table and stacks them.
- 11) May fill endpaper feed with endpapers of specified size.
- 12) May position books singly, back up, in machine, apply glue to back of books, linings, headbands, and endpapers by brushing, feeding between saturated rollers, or holding material against saturated brush, and attach headband, linings, and endpapers to backs of book bodies manually when rebinding books for reuse.
- 13) May operate machine arranged in tandem with other bookbinding machines.
Is being a "HEAD-BANDER-AND-LINER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HEAD-BANDER-AND-LINER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HEAD-BANDER-AND-LINER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HEAD-BANDER-AND-LINER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 4827