Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles ladies' hats by folding, draping, pinning, and sewing fabric, trimmings, and presewn hat parts to unfinished hat bodies, following color and design specifications or sample hat: Slips hat body onto block to secure hat for assembly.
- 2) Folds, twists, and drapes material, such as satin or silk, around crown and brim to shape and decorate hat.
- 3) Pins material in place.
- 4) Sews parts, such as brim and trimmings to hat body, using needle and thread.
- 5) May cut, tie, cement, or sew ribbon or cloth, to form trimmings, such as artificial flowers or bows.
- 6) May cement trimmings to hat, using brush.
- 7) When working under instructions of FASHION DESIGNER to assemble sample hats, may be designated Hat-Designer Helper.
Is being a "HAT MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HAT MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HAT MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HAT MAKER"
Job Number: 4804