Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Blocks cleaned hats to specified size and shape: Selects wooden hat block according to size and shape of hat.
- 2) Mounts hat on block and holds block over steamer to soften material.
- 3) Pulls hat down over block to shape crown.
- 4) Places hat on form of hat-ironing machine.
- 5) Depresses pedal to engage automatic hat-ironing machine.
- 6) Brushes crown with melted wax to ensure retention of shape during further processing.
- 7) Removes hat from block and applies sizing to brim with sponge.
- 8) Inserts hat in hollow, wooden brim form.
- 9) Steams or wets brim and places under heated sandbag to press and shape brim.
- 10) Rubs or brushes hat to smooth nap.
- 11) Applies cleaning solvent with brush or sponge to remove spots.
- 12) May insert finished hats in paper bags.
- 13) May wait on patrons and collect payment.
- 14) May be designated according to part of hat blocked as Brim Blocker; Crown Blocker; or according to machine operated as Crown-Ironer Operator.
Is being a "HAT BLOCKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HAT BLOCKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HAT BLOCKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HAT BLOCKER"
Job Number: 4800