Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Finishes, shapes, and sizes rough-cut hat blocks: Clamps rough-cut crown block in vise on workbench, and shaves and shapes top of block to specified contour with spokeshave.
- 2) Removes block from vise and sets in gauge to determine height of crown.
- 3) Judges crown of block for shape, and marks high spots to be removed.
- 4) Sands sides of block to shape on curver sander.
- 5) Measures block with steel tape to ascertain head size.
- 6) Drives block onto taper chuck turning machine, using mallet.
- 7) Starts machine and sands rotating block by hand.
Is being a "HAT-BLOCK MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HAT-BLOCK MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HAT-BLOCK MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HAT-BLOCK MAKER"
Job Number: 4807