"HARVEST WORKER, FRUIT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Harvests fruits and nuts, such as cherries, strawberries, grapes, oranges, and pecans, according to method appropriate for type of fruit, by hand or using tools, such as shears, rubber mallet, pronged scoop, or hooked pole: Carries and positions work aids, such as ladders, canvas drop cloths, and buckets.
- 2) Selects fruit to be harvested, according to size, shape, and color.
- 3) Grasps, twists, and pulls fruit, snips stems, and shakes trees and vines to separate crop from plant and places fruit into bags, buckets, or trays, exercising care to avoid plant and fruit damage.
- 4) Empties filled containers into collection boxes and bins.
- 5) May stand on ladders or elevated platforms, stoop over plants, or crawl along rows to reach fruit.
- 6) May measure fruit, using gauges.
- 7) May pour fruit through screens when removing foreign matter, such as twigs and grasses.
- 8) May position hand held vibrating device against branches of bushes to shake ripe fruit from branches.
- 9) May dump fruit from containers onto conveyors or load containers onto trucks or wagons.
- 10) May remove ladders, debris, boxes, and discarded fruit from fields and bogs to clean growing areas.
- 11) May collect fallen nuts into piles, using rake.
- 12) May carry and position irrigation pipes.
- 13) May be identified with tasks being performed, such as rhubarb trimming, cranberry screening, and walnut knocking.
Is being a "HARVEST WORKER, FRUIT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARVEST WORKER, FRUIT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARVEST WORKER, FRUIT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARVEST WORKER, FRUIT"
Job Number: 4795