"HARVEST WORKER, FIELD CROP"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Harvests field crops, such as broomcorn, cotton, hops, peanuts, sugarcane, and tobacco, working as crewmember: Walks, stoops, crawls, or sits between plant rows to reach harvestable crop.
- 2) Pulls, twists, or cuts fibers, leaves, stalks, straw, or vines, selected according to color, size, and shape, from bolls, roots, stalks, or trellises; by hand or using knife, machete, or sickle.
- 3) Collects crop into containers, such as bags, boxes, and bundles, or piles and stacks crop in windrows.
- 4) Picks up and carries bundles, bales, containers, or stacks of harvested crop to collection point, and loads crop onto truck or wagon, by hand or using hoist or hooks.
- 5) May tie leaves, stalks, straws, or vines into bundles, using twine, clamps, or rubber bands.
- 6) May shake dirt from vines and stack vines or straw around stakes or stalks, by hand or using pitchfork, to protect crop from weathering on damp soil.
- 7) May gather up and load scattered leaves, vines, or pods on truck.
- 8) May burn debris, leaves, and stalks.
- 9) May be identified with duties performed, such as cutting, picking, carrying, and loading; or with crop worked, such as alfalfa, mint, and sugar beets.
Is being a "HARVEST WORKER, FIELD CROP" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARVEST WORKER, FIELD CROP" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARVEST WORKER, FIELD CROP"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARVEST WORKER, FIELD CROP"
Job Number: 4794