Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides harvest crews for farmers and directs, coordinates, and oversees crew activities, such as field hauling and threshing: Contacts crop growers to ascertain time and method of harvesting.
- 2) Inspects crops and fields to estimate acreage yield and determine loading requirements, land contours, road accessibility, and distances to storage or processing area.
- 3) Prepares and submits bids to farmer to obtain harvest contract.
- 4) Recruits, hires and orients crewmembers.
- 5) Assigns workers to tasks involved in harvesting, loading, moving, and storing crops.
- 6) Prepares and submits bids to farmers to provide work crews for farming activities, such as planting, pruning, and thinning fruit trees, setting posts, and weeding field crops.
- 7) May supply, tend, adjust, and repair trucks and farm machines.
- 8) May transport or arrange for transportation of workers.
- 9) May be required to be licensed by state and federal authorities.
- 10) May prepare production records and crew payroll.
- 11) May be identified with crew activity as Contractor, Broomcorn Threshing; Contractor, Field Hauling.
Is being a "HARVEST CONTRACTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARVEST CONTRACTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARVEST CONTRACTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARVEST CONTRACTOR"
Job Number: 4793