Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, machines, fits, assembles, and finishes wood, metal, and plastic parts to build harpsichords, applying knowledge of material properties and harpsichord construction: Measures and marks wood, metal, and plastic to lay out instrument components, applying knowledge of instrument design or following sketch or drawings.
- 2) Operates woodworking machines and uses handtools to form wooden case parts.
- 3) Sands and scrapes wood parts and applies varnish, stain, or oil to finish surfaces.
- 4) Fits and assembles parts, using handtools, to assemble harpsichord case.
- 5) Files cast metal soundboard to fit soundboard into case, using handtools.
- 6) Operates drill press to drill holes for tuning pins, following template or drawing that locates holes.
- 7) Bends metal bridges to specified contour, using vise and handtools, and installs bridges on soundboard.
- 8) Bends nonmetal bridges to specified contour, using steam and clamps, or saws curve-shaped bridges, using bandsaw, and installs bridges on soundboards.
- 9) Inserts tuning pins and strings instrument, using various gauge wires.
- 10) Operates shop machines and uses handtools to cut and shape wood, plastic, and leather to form parts of keyboards and actions.
- 11) Sets pieces of veneer into surface of wood sides of harpsichord to decorate instrument, using glue.
- 12) Fits and assembles keyboard and action parts and installs them.
- 13) Carves, shapes, and tapers plectrum, using knive.
- 14) Tunes instrument to specified pitch, using tuning fork, tuning wrench, and handtools.
- 15) Visually and tactually examines completed instrument and corrects defects.
- 16) Repairs used instruments.
- 17) May apply decorative trim, such as stripes, decals, or gilt to finished instrument.
- 18) May design and prepare working drawings to build harpsichords.
Is being a "HARPSICHORD MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARPSICHORD MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARPSICHORD MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARPSICHORD MAKER"
Job Number: 4792