Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Shapes and fits harp components to assemble new and repair damaged harps, using handtools and machine tools: Selects wood which will produce desired tonal quality and measures and marks it to lay out design of components.
- 2) Shapes wood and metal into various parts, using drill press and handtools.
- 3) Glues wood parts together.
- 4) Fits metal and wood parts together to form completed harp.
- 5) Knots each string between soundboard and tuning pin, and turns tuning pin with key to adjust string pitch.
- 6) Sketches ornamental wood carvings onto graph paper, from customer's description, and orders them made, or carves them himself.
- 7) May repair damaged harps only and be designated Harp Repairer.
Is being a "HARP MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HARP MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HARP MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HARP MAKER"
Job Number: 4789